While the EYLF focuses on children birth to five years the government introduced the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines to support teachers professional practice in a range of contexts across Queensland specifically to enrich children in the Kindergarten year.
The guideline describes a set of five learning and development areas that relate to the five broad learning outcomes identified in the EYLF:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators.
We have a fully Bachelor qualified teacher to implement these guidelines to ensure that the kindergarten children that leave Highfields Child Care Centre will have a great start to embark on their school journey.